Monday, February 7, 2011

Paper Punch Collage

I have always loved making collages. Since I can remember I have cut images out of magazines and glued them together to make art out of my favorite things. I made my entire ceiling a collage in high school pinning and overlapping magazine photos of my favorite celebrities. It's the craft I have called my own since the beginning. Recently I have tried my hand at a different kind of collage. One more clean, simplistic, and modern. I created one for my niece, Maddisen and gave it to my sister-in-law as part of her shower gift. I chose paper in line with the theme of her nursery (pink and chocolate brown polka-dots) and punched a bunch of small hearts using my Martha Stewart paper punch.


I affixed the hearts with Zots adhesive dots so that they were 3-dimensional in a square pattern. I framed them in a white, square photo box frame so that it can be hung on a wall or placed on a shelf. I love photo box frames from IKEA because of their clean lines and all the space between the back and the glass allows me to give the collage depth and dimension.


I also personalized it by stenciling her name in the bottom right corner.


I have heart shaped paper punches in multiple sizes so I got a little paper heart crazy. I made two other smaller collages just for fun. In one I used the larger hearts in a cascading 3-dimensional pattern in various shades of aqua.


In the other I used the small heart punch with two different patterned papers.


The possibilities are truly endless. I love paper punches so I think I'll keep at it with different shapes, colors, sizes and patterns. Watch out for paper collage overload!

Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

Up Next: Decoupage Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment