Monday, February 21, 2011

Decoupage Wood Plaque

Another decoupage idea for your viewing pleasure. This time I found a 8 x 10 wood plaque and decided to create some art with a really special piece of paper. I painted the back and sides of the plaque in a powder blue color and decoupaged a section of the paper onto the front. The paper I used came from Paper Source and is a vintage collage of flowers, butterflies, background patterns and text. I call it Flora & Fauna for obvious reasons.



As you can see the paper has a texture to it kinda like fabric or wallpaper. You can also see where the paper wrinkled a bit in the bottom left corner (oops!), but I think it adds more to the vintage vibe.

You can hang this plaque on the wall or stand it on a table or bookshelf.



I love this paper so much and I'm trying to think of other ways to use it in all of its glory. Any ideas?

Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment