Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Decoupage Frame

I discovered decoupage about ten years ago and have recently renewed my love for it. If you're not familiar with this technique, it is the "art or technique of decorating something with cut-outs of paper, linoleum, plastic, or other flat material over which varnish or lacquer is applied".  I used to decorate items with pictures from magazines (I think all of my crafts started out this way), but I have come to find a much more modern and sophisticated way to use this process. I saw this project on Craftily-Ever-After and had to try it.

I made two frames for my friend for our secret santa gift swap this past December using the same type of frame, purple scrapbook paper and embellished them with silver owl pendants. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of those frames. But I used the same technique on a different shaped frame using scrapbook paper that matches our bedroom decor.




I painted the frame white and used a gloss varnish. The frame comes with a wooden dowel stand so you can set it on a side table, bookshelf or wardrobe. 



Side note: that's my wedding bouquet made by Meg @ Princess Lasertron next to the frame. Isn't is gorgeous?!

Anyways, I have so many more ideas for this wonderful technique, which of course I will share, as well as a tutorial for all of you crafters out there. I better sign off, I'm starting to rhyme. Happy Wednesday! 

Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment